We’re still looking for the best retail FMA sales people
MISSISSAUGA, Ontario – There is still time to enter the 2018 RSP Awards, which is looking for this country’s best retail sales people and sales managers working in Canadian furniture, mattress and major appliance (FMA) stores.
The recipients will be feted at the upcoming Canadian Furniture Show which will be held at the International Centre here from May 25 to 27, 2018.
“These men and woman are our industry’s first point of contact with the customer. They literally control what the customer buys and why – yet we don’t, as an industry, recognise and celebrate their contributions,” said Brad Geddes, president and chief executive officer of Zucora, the London-based added value resource.
Zucora will act as the presenting sponsor for the 2018 edition of the National Home Furnishing Retail Sales Professional Awards (RSP Awards). The other primary sponsors of the program are Home Goods Online (HGO); the Canadian Home Furnishings Alliance (CHFA) and the Canadian Furniture Show (CFS).
“The RSP Awards will celebrate the outstanding achievement of sales professionals throughout Canada’s home furnishings industry. In addition to sales success, the RSP Awards are driven by peer-recognised achievement for delivering customer excellence by going ‘above and beyond’,” Geddes said.
The owners and senior management of all Canadian furniture, mattress and major appliance stores are invited to nominate members of their floor sales team for the award.
Nominees must meet the following requirements, at minimum:
- He or she must be actively employed as a sales associate or sales manager in the retail sale of home furnishing products (furniture; appliances; electronics; bedding and related products) in Canada;
- He or she must have a minimum of three years of direct sales experience with consumers;
- He or she must consistently meet or exceed performance goals as confirmed by the candidate’s employer;
- He or she must demonstrate a customer-focused approach with supported documentation;
- He or she must have a record of mentoring and assisting other sales professionals as recognised by their peers; and,
- He or she must be aware of the nomination and be willing to be considered for nomination, and if selected, be available to attend the presentation event, which will be held immediately prior to CFS (transportation and accommodation to be provided).
In all, the judging panel will select one recipient from five regions across the country: British Columbia; Western Canada (including Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, The Yukon, Northwest Territories and Nunavut); Ontario; Quebec and Atlantic Canada (including Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland & Labrador).
From these, one national award recipient will be chosen.
The recipients of this year’s RSP Awards will receive an all-expense paid trip (including airfare, accommodation and meals) to Toronto where they will be presented with their award. They will also be invited to attend the Canadian Furniture Show.
Each recipient will also be profiled by Home Goods Online in a special section of the Merchandiser which will be published later this year.
Nominations will be accepted until 5pm Eastern on Wednesday, February 28, 2018.
For more information about the National Home Furnishings Retail Sales Professional Award – or to nominate a deserving retail sales professional – visit its web site at rspawards.com.