We’re looking for Canada’s best retail furniture sales people
MISSISSAUGA, Ontario – A new awards program will seek out this country’s best retail sales people and sales managers working in Canadian furniture, mattress and major appliance stores. The winners will be feted at the upcoming Canadian Furniture Show which will be held at the International Centre during the last weekend of May.
“These men and woman are our industry’s first point of contact with the customer. They literally control what the customer buys and why – yet we don’t, as an industry, recognise and celebrate their contributions,” said Brad Geddes, president and chief executive officer of Zucora, the London-based added value resource.
Zucora will act as the presenting sponsor for the 2017 edition of the National Home Furnishing Retail Sales Professional Award (RSPA). The other primary sponsors of the program are Home Goods Online (HGO); the Canadian Home Furnishings Alliance (CHFA) and the Canadian Furniture Show (CFS).
“The RSPA will celebrate the outstanding achievement of sales professionals throughout Canada’s home furnishings industry. In addition to sales success, the RSPAs are driven by peer-recognised achievement for delivering customer excellence by going ‘above and beyond’,” Geddes said.
The owners and senior management of all Canadian furniture, mattress and major appliance stores are invited to nominate members of their floor sales team for the award.
Nominees must meet the following requirements, at minimum:
- He or she must be actively employed as a sales associate or sales manager in the retail sale of home furnishing products (furniture; appliances; electronics; bedding and related products) in Canada;
- He or she must have a minimum of three years of direct sales experience with consumers;
- He or she must consistently meet or exceed performance goals as confirmed by the candidate’s employer;
- He or she must demonstrate a customer-focused approach with supported documentation;
- He or she must have a record of mentoring and assisting other sales professionals as recognised by their peers; and,
- He or she must be aware of the nomination and be willing to be considered for nomination, and if selected, be available to attend the Canadian Home Furnishings Awards Gala event to be held Thursday, May 25, 2017 in Toronto (transportation and accommodation to be provided).
In all, the judging panel will select one winner from five regions across the country: British Columbia; Western Canada (including Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, The Yukon, Northwest Territories and Nunavut); Ontario; Quebec and Atlantic Canada (including Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland & Labrador).
From these, one national award recipient will be chosen.
The judging panel will include: Mark Geddes, Zucora’s director of corporate sales training; Corrie-Ann Knell, HGO’s director of sales and marketing; and, Pat Kelly, assistant vice president of home furnishings for Cantrex Nationwide.
The recipients of the first RSPAs will receive an all-expense paid trip (including airfare, accommodation and meals) to Toronto where they will be receive their award during the Canadian Home Furnishings Awards gala. The gala will be held at the Universal Event Space in Vaughan on the evening of May 25.
They will also be invited to attend the Canadian Furniture Show, which will be held at the International Centre from May 26 to 28. Each will also be profiled by Home Goods Online.
Nominations will be accepted until 5pm on Friday, April 7.
To nominate a deserving retail sales professional or for more information about the National Home Furnishing Retail Sales Professional Award visit its web site at www.rspawards.com.