We found Canada’s best retail furniture sales people
From the HGO Merchandiser
Earlier this year and in collaboration with Zucora Inc., Home Goods Online launched a new awards program whose goal was to seek out this country’s best retail sales people and sales managers working in Canadian furniture, mattress and major appliance stores. The quality of the response we received from retailers across the country was staggering and truly encouraging. The amount of raw talent at work on retail floors from Victoria and to St. John’s has to be seen to be believed.
When we published our invitation for retailers to nominate the best members of their team for this award, Brad Geddes, president and chief executive officer of Zucora, the London-based added value resource and Presenting Sponsor of the Retail Sales Professional Awards (RSPA), pointed out they really do control the industry’s fate.
“These men and woman are our industry’s first point of contact with the customer. They literally control what the customer buys and why – yet we don’t, as an industry, recognise and celebrate their contributions,” he said, adding, “The RSPA will celebrate the outstanding achievement of sales professionals throughout Canada’s home furnishings industry. In addition to sales success, the RSPAs are driven by peer-recognised achievement for delivering customer excellence by going ‘above and beyond’.”
Nominees had to meet the following requirements, at minimum:
- He or she must be actively employed as a sales associate or manager in the retail of home furnishing products (furniture; appliances; electronics; bedding and related products) in Canada;
- He or she must have a minimum of three years of direct sales experience with consumers;
- He or she must consistently meet or exceed performance goals as confirmed by the candidate’s employer;
- He or she must demonstrate a customer-focused approach with supported documentation;
- He or she must have a record of mentoring and assisting other sales professionals as recognised by their peers; and,
- He or she must be aware of the nomination and be willing to be considered for nomination, and if selected, be available to attend the Canadian Home Furnishings Awards gala event to be held in Toronto just prior to the Canadian Furniture Show (transportation and accommodation to be provided).
In all, the judging panel selected one winner from five regions across the country: British Columbia; Western Canada (including Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, The Yukon, Northwest Territories and Nunavut); Ontario; Quebec and Atlantic Canada (including Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland & Labrador).
From these, one national award recipient was chosen.
To find out more about the 2017 RSPA winners, click here to download the Fall 2017 edition of the HGO Merchandiser.