Paquette elected to QFMA board
MONTREAL – Alexandre Paquette was elected to the Quebec Furniture Manufacturers Association board of directors at its recently-ended annual general meeting and conference.
Paquette is director of finance and administration for Trica Furniture, the Saint-Jérôme, Quebec-based manufacture best known for its assortment of bar stools and seating. He succeeds Claude de Lanauze of Hettich, who served on the board for a number of years.
The other members of the board for the coming year include:
- Michel Deveault, president of casual dining powerhouse Canadel;
- David Fontaine, executive vice president of glider rocker and youth furniture maker Dutailier;
- David Gélinas, executive vice president of specialty mattress producer Zedbed;
- Théodore Homa, general manager of contemporary upholstery house G. Romano;
- Jean-François Nolin, president of contemporary case goods producer Huppé;
- Réjean Poitras, president of metal furniture specialist Amisco;
- Patrick Selmay, president of case goods maker Mobican;
- Charles St-Louis, president of Bois & Design, a specialty and bespoke case goods maker based in Trois-Rivières;
- Martin Tardif, director of engineering for ready-to-assemble specialist Bestar;
- Guy Tousignant, president of Matelas Mirabel, the licensee for the King Koil and Restonic brands in Quebec; and,
- René Vincelette, vice president of human resources for contract furniture maker Groupe Lacasse.
Directors are elected for one year terms.
Réjean Poitras is the current chairman of the QFMA board of directors. David Gélinas is vice chairman.