Nominations for 2019 RSP Awards now being accepted
MISSISSAUGA, Ontario – For the third consecutive year, the Retail Sales Professional Awards program will seek out this country’s best retail sales people and sales managers working in Canadian furniture, mattress and major appliance (FMA) stores. The recipients will be introduced to the industry at this year’s Canadian Furniture Show which will be held at the International Centre here from 24 to 26 May.
Nominations will be accepted until 5pm Eastern time on Thursday, 28 February 2019 via the program’s web site at rspawards.com.
“By delivering exceptional customer experience and by building relationships that help to guide consumer’s buying decisions, sales professionals ensure that our industry continues to thrive in an ever-evolving marketplace,” said Brad Geddes, president and chief executive officer of Zucora Home, the added-value product and service resource based in London, Ontario.
Zucora Home will once again act as the presenting sponsor for the 2019 edition of the awards program in collaboration with Home Goods Online (HGO), the event’s communications sponsor. The awards are also actively supported by the Canadian Home Furnishings Alliance (CHFA) and the Quebec Furniture Manufacturers Association, the organisers of the Canadian Furniture Show.
“The RSP Awards will celebrate the outstanding achievement of sales professionals throughout Canada’s home furnishings industry. In addition to sales success, the RSP Awards are driven by peer-recognised achievement for delivering customer excellence by going ‘above and beyond’,” Geddes said.
The owners and senior management of all Canadian furniture, mattress and major appliance stores are invited to nominate members of their floor sales team for the award.
Nominees must, at minimum, meet the following requirements:
- He or she must be actively employed as a sales associate or sales manager in the retail sale of home furnishing products (furniture; appliances; electronics; bedding and related products) in Canada;
- He or she must have a minimum of three years of direct sales experience with consumers;
- He or she must consistently meet or exceed performance goals as confirmed by the candidate’s employer;
- He or she must demonstrate a customer-focused approach with supported documentation;
- He or she must have a record of mentoring and assisting other sales professionals as recognised by their peers; and,
- He or she must be aware of the nomination and be willing to be considered for nomination, and if selected, be available to attend the presentation event, which will be held immediately prior to CFS (transportation and accommodation to be provided) and be profiled by Home Goods Online.
In all, the judging panel will select one recipient from four regions across the country: the Atlantic Region (including Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland & Labrador); the Central Region (including Quebec and Ontario); the Prairie Region (including Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, The Yukon, Northwest Territories and Nunavut); and, the Pacific Region (British Columbia).
From these, the national award recipient will be chosen. In 2018, the national RSPA honouree was Marisa Deluca of La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries in Etobicoke, Ontario.
The members of this year’s judging panel will be announced shortly.
The recipients of this year’s RSP Award will receive an all-expense paid trip (including airfare, accommodation and meals) to Toronto where they will be presented with their award during the Canadian Home Furnishings Awards gala. They will also be invited to attend the Canadian Furniture Show.
Each recipient will also be profiled by Home Goods Online in a special section of the Merchandiser which will be published later this year.
For more information about the Retail Sales Professional Award – or to nominate a deserving retail sales professional – visit its web site at rspawards.com.
Related Story: Meet Canada’s best retail sales professionals
Related Story: We found Canada’s best retail furniture sales people