Four join CFS panel
MONTREAL – Four industry professionals have been named to the national advisory committee to the Canadian Furniture Show (CFS), its organisers have announced.
The committee, which meets several times a year, is chaired by CFS president and chief executive officer Pierre Richard. He is also president and CEO of the Quebec Furniture Manufacturers Association, the owners and organisers of Canada's only national furniture industry trade event.
Joining the committee are: Wally Bak, an Ontario-based independent sales representative; Trevor Graham, vice president of the International Centre in Mississauga, Ontario, which has hosted CFS for the past 45 years; and, Mark Wiltshire, executive vice president of Palliser Furniture and newly elected chairman of the Canadian Home Furnishings Alliance (CHFA).
Also re-joining the committee is Robert Sheppard, formerly vice president of appliances for Sears Canada. When he held a similar position at Mega Group, he served on the committee and was invited back to advice CFS on attracting more white goods exhibitors to the three-day event. He is now a Toronto-based consultant, specialising in appliance retailing.
Bak is the first sales rep to join the committee. Richard told HGO the committee has been looking for a sales rep to join its ranks for some time now and Bak came well recommended.
Graham succeeds Danny Lester, the International Centre’s vice president of finance, who rotated off the committee.
Wiltshire succeeds CHFA president Murray Vaughan, who also rotated off the committee.
They join ten other industry professionals on the committee, including:
- David Gélinas, executive vice president of mattress specialist Zedbed;
- Brad Geddes, president and CEO of added-value resource Zucora;
- Ralph Gerstl, general manager of Sleepking Crown Design, the Toronto-based producer of the Therapedic mattress brand;
- Steve Braniff, director of the Dufresne Retail Solutions Group;
- Jason Harris, vice president of sales and marketing for upholstery house Stylus Furniture;
- Patrick Kelly, assistant vice president of home furnishings for Cantrex Nationwide;
- Dennis Novosel, chairman of destination retailer Stoney Creek Furniture in Stoney Creek, Ontario;
- John Power, general manager of sales and strategic development for Mega Group;
- Laine Reynolds, vice-president of sales and marketing for stationary upholstery specialist Superstyle Furniture;
- Benoit Simard, president and CEO of Mega Group; and,
- Alykhan Sunderji, vice president of full-line resource Park Avenue Furniture.
The 2018 edition of the Canadian Furniture Show will be held from May 25 to 28.
Related Story: Optimism reigned at this year’s Canadian Furniture Show.