56 Canadian firms expected to open for Spring High Point
HIGH POINT, North Carolina – Some 56 or so Canadian furniture and home furnishings resources are expected to open for the upcoming spring edition of the High Point Market. For many, it will be the first time they have hosted retail buyers, interior designers and other industry professionals in their permanent showrooms since before the COVID-19 pandemic was declared just over two years ago.
Organized by the High Point Market Authority (HPMA), the High Point Market is believed to be the largest furniture industry trade event in the world hosting more than 2,000 exhibitors with permanent showrooms in some 180 buildings and 12 million square feet of space scattered through this city in the western reaches of the state.
Showrooms are expected to be open Saturday to Tuesday from 8am to 7pm, closing at 5pm on the last day of market, Wednesday, April 6.
Canada is believed to be the biggest supporter of the market from outside the United States, both in terms of the number of exhibitors participating and the number of retail buyers attending each of twice-yearly events.
Earlier this week, HMPA president and chief executive officer Tom Conley announced pre-registration data is tracking several percentage points higher than at the time before last fall’s market. “The registration patterns since COVID show people deciding on attendance much closer to the event date, and that’s still holding true this cycle. Given such, we expect to inch up a few more percentage points over this next week and end up with our largest attendance numbers since 2019.”
It’s not known how many Canadian retail buyers or interior designer have attended the event in recent years.
However, according to the market’s web site, the follow Canadian resources are expected to show at this spring’s edition of the market:
- Amalfi Home Furnishings – 300-310 S. Main St., #1001
- Amisco Industries – IHFC D541
- Begin Home Décor – Suites at Market Square - M-7058, Mezzanine
- Bellini Modern Living – IHFC - H520
- Bermex – 212 N. Wrenn St.
- Bethel International – Commerce & Design 4C
- Brentwood Classics – Commerce & Design 8I, 8K, 4N
- Canadel – National Furniture Mart 102
- Celadon Art – IHFC D237
- Colibri – 220 Elm 332
- Collection Tuff Avenue – IHFC C609
- Daniel Design Studio – Suites at Market Square G7001
- Decor-Rest – 208 Jacobs Place
- Dinec – 212 N. Wrenn St.
- District Eight – IHFC IH212
- Durham Furniture – IHFC G1082
- Edgewood Furniture – Centers of High Point: Hamilton 112
- Elran Furniture - Furniture Plaza 505
- EQ3 – 220 Elm 400
- Flair Enterprises – IHFC W748
- FlowDecor – IHFC IH612
- Romano – IHFC D508
- Huppé – 220 Elm 333
- Kalora – 220 Elm 400
- Katari Impax – Suites at Market Square G4025
- Kristine Daniel Designs – Suites At Market Square G4002
- Legacy Leather by Campio – 224 E. Martin Luther King Jr. Dr.
- LH Imports – 205 S. Main St.
- Luxe Decor Life – Commerce & Design 5J
- Mazin Furniture Industries – 212 Jacobs Place
- Mercana Furniture and Décor – IHFC C332
- Mobican Furniture – IHFC D523
- Moe’s Home Collection – IHFC C302
- Mobital – IHFC C550
- Monarch Specialties – Commerce & Design 7A
- Mood Dekor – IHFC H341
- NCA Design – Commerce & Design 6A
- Nuevo – IHFC C100
- Outpost Original – Suites At Market Square G5014
- Paarizaat Home – Plaza Suites 1-727
- Palliser Furniture – 220 Elm 400
- Primo International – IHFC M1100
- RT Dressings – Suites at Market Square M8037
- RuffSawn – Showplace 4300
- Rustique – Centers of High Point: Centennial 102
- Sealy Sofa Convertibles – Plaza Suites 410
- Sklar-Peppler Furniture – Centers of High Point: Russell 101
- South Shore Furniture – Commerce & Design 6N
- Streamline Art – IHFC W248
- SUNPAN – Showplace 1200
- The Table Factory – 401 W. English Rd.
- Trend Connect – Radio Building S805
- Trica – IHFC D515
- Vertuu Design – IHFC C365
- West Bros. Furniture – 220 Elm 301
- Xcella – Market on Green 501, Floor 5
The HPMA operates an extensive transportation system that starts and ends in front of the International Home Furnishings Center (IHFC). It’s free to most market attendees.
Related Story: Supply chain slowing improving, HPM exhibitors say